Join Our Team
Resumes can be submitted to 117 11th St NW, Waverly, IA 50677.
Applications can be obtained at our Administrative Office 117 11th St NW or at Trinkets & Togs locations in Waverly, Grundy Center, and Cedar Falls.
Download our Application for Employment here: Employment Application
Applications are always welcome.
Development & Community Relations Coordinator
The Larrabee Center, Inc. is seeking a highly organized self-starter to implement and coordinate the execution of the agency’s annual fundraising plan. This is an hourly, regular full-time position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Services, or related field. (Experience may be considered in lieu of Degree.)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Development/Fundraising. (Educational Experience may be considered.)
- Be familiar with laws, regulations, and guidelines governing marketing, fundraising, and related functions.
- Be proficient in using word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet, email, and social media.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Possess experience with budgets, financial statements, and other related reports.
- Maintain good public relations and represent The Larrabee Center in the community
- Work with Director/Manager to develop an annual fundraising plan and budget. Develop revenue and expense reports for all fundraising events.
- Takes the full responsibility to ensure the development program goals are accomplished, which includes initiating, planning, and implementing all necessary activities, in a timely manner.
- Research potential donors, foundations, grants to identify and evaluate potential funding sources.
- Work independently and/or with Leadership Team members to prepare grants/project proposals.
- Take initiative to build relationships with potential funders including individual community donors.
- Build and maintain profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with current donors and potential donors.
- Monitors development program: tracks and documents all necessary activities, and completes all reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Maintains all donor and fund development records including critical databases and schedules.
- Work with the leadership team and appropriate staff/consultants creating all development related materials including, but not limited to, educational/marketing information, brochures, newsletters, special projects/ programs and annual reports.
- Accepts gifts from donors and assures receipts and thank you letters are sent promptly and according to policy.
- Meet the fundraising dollar amount established by the Executive Director on an annual basis.
- Provide administrative support with regards to emails, social media, newsletters, and related items.
- Provide general clerical support, including filing, copying, correspondence, and answering phones.
- Coordinate contact with outside vendors and stakeholders for various non-profit needs.
- Recruit, coordinate, and train volunteers as needed.
- Maintains the agency calendar for annual activities, meetings, and other related activities.
- Prepares reports for the Executive Director and Leadership team members as directed and needed
Support Staff - Community Support Services, Waverly
Are you looking for a way to help others in a schedule that works for you? The Larrabee Center is hiring for part-time Support Staff to work one-on-one assisting adults with disabilities and the elderly to live successfully in their community.
Flexible scheduling. Weekdays only – no weekends, no holidays.
Qualified applicants are at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license, car insurance, and reliable transportation. One year of experience in human services. Subject to criminal background check.
Retail Associates - Trinkets & Togs
We are hiring part-time positions in Waverly
These positions may include day, early evening, and some Saturday hours. The primary functions include, but are not limited to, operating the cash register, pricing merchandise, working in donation receiving area, and providing excellent customer service.
Qualified applicants are at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or equivalent, possess the ability to lift 50 lbs, and are subject to pre-employment physical and criminal background check. Retail experience not required – we’ll train you!
Questions about these positions? Call (319) 352-8029 or email email@example.com.