CALL US NOW (319) 352-2234

Employment Services

Employment Support Services

The Larrabee Center is here to assist you along the path to achieving your career goals. Our agency embraces the Employment First Principle that all individuals regardless of their disability can be employed in meaningful careers integrated in the community. Our qualified and dedicated staff will help you to identify career goals, provide skills training and supports to increase your overall employability, and assist you in finding and keeping a job in the community that matches your skills and interests.

Funding is available for individuals eligible for ID or BI Waiver or Habilitation Services through Medicaid.

The Larrabee Center is a contracted Community Rehab Provider with the Iowa Department of Vocational Rehabilitation (IVRS)* or Voc Rehab. Individuals who are eligible for IVRS funding would work with a Voc Rehab Counselor and our staff to identify career goals.

We also provide Pre-Employment Transition Services for students with disabilities, including Instructional Training and Supported Short-Term Work Experience.

For more information contact Jessica Gulick, Associate Director at (319) 352-8868 or via email at

Employment Services Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm; Small Group Supported Employment Program at Trinkets & Togs, Waverly Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-2:00pm

The Larrabee Center, Inc. is accredited by CARF International for its Community Employment Services programs including Job Development and Employment Supports. The latest accreditation is the 7th consecutive Three-Year Accreditation that the international accrediting body, CARF, has given to The Larrabee Center, Inc. CARF is an independent, nonprofit accrediting body whose mission is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process and continuous improvement services that center on enhancing the lives of the persons served. For more information about the accreditation process, please visit the CARF website at

Employer Network

The Larrabee Center Employment Services is proud to partner with local business in Bremer, Butler and Grundy Counties. We hope you’ll also thank these employers when you’re out and about in our community for their part in creating an inclusive workplace. 

If your business is interested in partnering with us to fill your employment needs, contact Jessica Gulick (319) 352-8868 or 

“The vocational rehabilitation program in Iowa receives 78.7% of its funds through a grant from the US Department of Education. The total amount of grant funds awarded is $29,923,186 for FFY2022. The remaining 21.3% of the costs are funded by state appropriations and other non-federal allowable sources.”